Sunday, December 12, 2010

Eve of New Year’s Eve’s Blue Moon




I’m posting this beautiful picture of the moon on this the “Eve of New Year’s Eve’s Blue Moon” to acknowledge this astrological event.


This Nightly News video by Brian Williams explains: “’Once in a blue moon’ will be more than a mere expression this New Year's Eve.” The significance of this yet to happen blue moon event on the night of New Year’s Eve is still a mystery as we reminisce about the passing of the year gone by.


I’m adding a few more photographs of this blue moon, before the moon is actually full. Because I don’t know if the weather is going to cooperate, at a later date, when the moon is full.


I felt fortunate that I got these shots last night of the moon that I’m adding today. And I’m adding the date of the 29th to my album now called:



I wrote this entry Did you see the Full Moon Tonight? when I posted my first group of photos, and I’ll update my album weather permitting.


  • Source: Picture by NASA
  • Source: Background Table
  • Thanks for Listening,
  • Jeff

  • My Unique Life in Windows Live Space

    No comments:

    Post a Comment