Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mackinac Bridge Panoramic View




I feel compelled to share this panoramic view picture of the Mackinac Bridge with all of you today.

Mainly because I can't describe in words how beautiful I think the colors of the early morning sunrise has tinted the fog, the water, the bridge and the sky with a wonderful hue of pink.

I am always hesitant to show my pictures and talk about them for fear that you might think that I am bragging, but that's not why I like to show them. It is because I like to share the beautiful images of the world that is all around us.

There is just something about this picture that fascinates me, how up close the images are clear, and then when you get to the towers of the bridge the hazy pink fog kind of blends in with everything around them. Do you see what I am talking about in this picture or am just imagining something that isn't there?

I have such a great time creating these background table pictures and I often find myself losing track of time when I am making one. Seeing the picture all blown up in size when compared to a normal size shot is what I really like about using these background tables.

The picture was taken with an inexpensive Minolta Vectis 30 Advanced Film Photo System camera and I have no idea how old it is, but the last time the batteries were replaced was 7/27/2004. Yes, I am afraid to look inside and see whether or not the batteries have corroded the camera. I also found an undeveloped roll of film in the camera bag, and I wonder if anyone still develops this type of film? and what are the pictures of that are in the camera? Oh boy, surprises!

Some of the clarity is lost in the scene when you blow up a picture that almost takes up the entire area of my entry, but I think it is worth it when you can see a picture that is this large: What do you think?



My Unique Life in Windows Live Space

No comments:

Post a Comment