Sunday, December 12, 2010

Port Crescent State Park




When I look at this picture of the frozen Pinnebog River at the Port Crescent State Park it reminds me of the serenity I felt that day.

The scene was photographed form the bridge on M-25 and the park is located in Huron County.

The park is in the tip of The Thumb of Michigan and there wasn’t a soul around that day. It was so very peaceful there and I just loved being alone, with nature, at the park.

This photo makes me long for the peacefulness of the park that is located in Hume Township and the nearest community is Port Austin. The Pinnebog River on Lake Huron runs through the park and Port Crescent is an old abandoned ghost town at the mouth of the river and is part of the park.

This site is located approximately three miles northeast of Port Austin.

(Click here for a Google Map)

Most of the writing here is from rewording the information found on the Wikipedia page. But what is not shown in the on line encyclopedia’s page is the beauty and serenity of the river and the park.

That is what I really wanted to share with all of you today in showing this picture.

  • Source: Picture by Jeff
  • Source: Background Table
  • Thanks for Listening,
  • Jeff


  • My Unique Life in Windows Live Space

    No comments:

    Post a Comment