Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fort Mackinac: A picture of Cannon Fire




This picture was taken at Fort Mackinac in Michigan on Mackinac Island. The fort is part of a National Historic Landmark in the Mackinac Island State Park.


The soldier giving the cannon firing demonstration gave us instructions on how to get a good picture of the cannon being fired.


He said, “Hold your finger on the shutter button of your camera and your reflexes will do the rest in taking the picture.” He couldn’t have been more correct than that with his instructions I must say.


Because I thought the picture turned out great, but I am still puzzled as to why I didn’t lower the camera a little to center the cannon in the shot?


The thing that I liked best about this picture was the shape of the white plume of smoke coming out of the muzzle of the cannon. The white smoke against the deep rich blue color of the sky made this a picture I want to remember.


That and the fact that the sound of the cannon was all it took to take this picture!


  • Source: Picture by Jeff
  • Source: Background Table
  • Thanks for Listening,
  • Jeff



  • My Unique Life in Windows Live Space

    1 comment: