Saturday, December 11, 2010

Remembering days gone By



I remember the day that I took this picture with my 35mm camera from Sears thinking to myself, What am I wasting my film for shooting the Abandoned Hull of a Vessel in the background of a burr plant for?


But today I have this feeling of “Remembering days gone By” and in this digital camera age, where shooting photos doesn’t cost you hardly anything, but the use of the camera and then storing it on a disk.


Oh sure, if you want an actual piece of paper, with the photograph on it to show someone without having an electronic device to display the picture, it will cost you a few cents. But nothing like the way things use to be.


Times have definitely changed a lot since the time when I took this picture years ago. But it makes me wonder how many photos I would take today if I went back to this spot with my digital camera?


(Here's a Google Map of the Location)


I wonder if there would be anything left of this rotting hull of a vessel to take a picture of today? I have this feeling calling me to go back there and see if things look the same there today. But even though the price of taking pictures has become inexpensive, the cost of making the trip has become a very costly expense.


So in the remembering days gone by there is an expectation of things to be the same as they were, and an even more powerful expectation of things to cost more than they used to…Maybe I’d just be better off imagining that the picture remains the same and save myself the trip!







  • Thanks for Listening,


  • Jeff



  • My Unique Life in Windows Live Space

    No comments:

    Post a Comment