Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rose of Sharon Flower





This is a picture of a flower on my neighbor’s Rose of Sharon (hibiscus syriacus) dwarf tree, at least that’s what my neighbor called this beautiful flowering shrub.


According to Wikipedia: “It is a flowering shrub in the plant family Malvaceae native to much of Asia.” But whether it’s called a shrub, bush, plant, or dwarf tree, that doesn’t change the beauty of these fabulous flower blossoms that continuously adorn this marvelous plant, during the summer months.


I’m adding a new photo album today titled Rose of Sharon Flowers, but this bing search on images of the “Rose of Sharon” shows the many different colors, shapes, and numerous photographs people have taken and shared on the Internet.


I found these flowers captivating me yesterday to take their pictures and to share their portraits with all of you today. I hope you enjoyed the photos!



  • Source: Picture by Jeff



  • Source: Background Table



  • Thanks for Listening,



  • Jeff




  • My Unique Life in Windows Live Space

    No comments:

    Post a Comment